SignStix Ltd is a small innovative software company specialising in digital engagement for big retail brands and beyond. Our core product is the SignStix platform - an award-winning cloud-based system which allows customers to interact with their audiences via digital screens and connected technology, such as touchscreens, RFID readers, barcode scanners, push-buttons, and IoT devices. We also undertake bespoke client projects, often integrating our core platform into the client’s domain.
Overview Of Role
We are recruiting for a Software Developer to join our team based in our stunning city-centre Leeds office. You will be building out the core SignStix platform which includes web apps and APIs, and endpoint players for Android and other platforms.
You will also be developing digital experiences for clients, sometimes utilizing the SignStix platform, sometimes standalone projects, always being innovative and responsive to client demands. SignStix developers are involved in the full software lifecycle and work closely across the business to scope out new projects and design, develop and deploy our products.
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Have a solid background in delivering software in a commercial environment and be used to designing and developing high-quality applications as part of a multi-disciplinary software team.
• Adhere to software best practises and coding standards, engage in code reviews and project retrospectives and be fully conversant in automated software testing.
• Have experience in at least one of Java, node.js, Android development, React.
• Have knowledge of object-oriented languages and design patterns.
• Work well in a team environment and have good written and verbal communication skills.
Other Skills / Competencies
• Understand computer networks
• Be familiar with Unix-like command-lines
• Deploy to the cloud, particularly with AWS
• Program with USB peripherals and IoT devices such as cameras, RFID readers, sensors
• Have experience with data analytics or building AI products
• Have a Degree-level qualification in Computer Science or a similar field
If you love building great software, we would love to hear from you.
How To Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV along with a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavour to get back to you within 3 business days.