Creating a new sign
1. Log into your SignStix account by visiting the following URL in a web browser: http://cms.signstix.com
To create a new sign, you need to log into your SignStix account and launch the Creator tool. This allows you to design your sign and publish it to the Director tool, ready to be deployed.
Follow the below steps:
2. Enter your login details.
3. You should now see the Director starting page.
4. Click the ‘Launch Creator’ button at the top right. This opens the Creator tool in a new browser tab.
Creator is used for designing and building your signs.
Director is used to deploy the resulting signage to your screens.
5. Press the ‘New Sign’ button.
6. Enter a name for your new sign (e.g. ‘test1′) and click ‘OK’.
Signs are often created in ‘landscape’ mode, which is intended for screens mounted in the usual orientation.
7. If you are deploying to screens mounted on their side, choose ‘portrait’ mode.
You should now see a blank Creator ‘canvas’.
Hello this is test1!
11. When you have finished, click the little green ‘tick’ at the bottom-right of the box to accept the text.
- Signs are built from ‘layers’.
- In the Layers panel, you can click on a layer to select it and to see any associated options.
- Right-click a layer to duplicate it, delete it or name it.
- Naming layers can be very useful in complex signs.
13. Save your sign by choosing ‘Save’ from the ‘Sign’ menu.
14. Publish your sign by choosing ‘Publish’ from the ‘Sign’ menu.
- ‘Saving’ a sign just saves your work so you can return to it later.
- ‘Publishing’ a sign makes that version of it available in Director. This does not deploy the sign to any screens, it just makes it available for deploying via Director.
- The distinction between ‘Save’ and ‘Publish’ allows you to develop a sign over a period of time (using ‘Save’), and only release it (using ‘Publish’) when you are happy with the content.
- Note that doing a ‘Publish’ automatically does a ‘Save’ first.
15. You have now created and published your first sign!